GENERAL OPERATIVES ROLE
OPERATIONS TEAM - GENERAL OPERATIVE ROLE
BG800® TEMPORARY BARRIER, RAPIDLY DEPLOYED, MINIMUM DEFLECTION
Highway Care are seeking general operatives to provide labour services for all general operations and contracting work, being responsive and adaptable to the continually changing requirements of the Company and Customers.
Work at any Highway Care premises or on site at locations normally within the UK, operating under varying shift patterns (accepting these may change at short notice) and including frequent night / weekend work.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Work individually or as part of a team, at all times maintaining high levels of workmanship and customer service in the following activities:
Other crash cushion/terminal &/or road restraint system installation
Driving and equipment operation
2. When interacting with customers, outside agencies and public, maintain a courteous, professional and helpful approach/response. If appropriate, route questions and enquiries to relevant department normally via your Team Leader
3. Uphold general health & safety requirements and those specific to the role
4. Efficiency of individual work through-put including checking for accuracy and quality as relevant to a specific task
5. Contribute to the overall safe, efficient and productive team and environment, (including housekeeping) tasks
6. Assist with the safety and welfare of people visiting or assisting with work in designated work areas
7. Actively participate in the ‘team’, cooperating with Team Leaders and sharing ideas that may make the team more effective.
8. Attending training courses and working hard to achieve professional qualifications that the Company may put you forward for
9. Keep accurate records of labour hours and materials usage including the completion and submission of paperwork in a timely, legible and truthful manner
10. Maintain tools and equipment, reporting any deficiencies or defects to Team Leader
11. Use all plant and equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and complying with current legislation
Essential Skills, Competencies, Qualifications and Behaviours necessary to perform this role
1. Full Driving licence
2. Flexibility regarding shift patterns and tasks allocated
3. Excellent teamwork skills
4. Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude
5. Adaptable to changing requirements to suit needs of customers
Diversity & Inclusion Notice
Highway Care values a diverse workforce and the contribution each individual makes.
We are committed to promoting inclusivity, equality, and diversity in our policies, practices, and procedures. We believe in treating everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.