BG800® TEMPORARY BARRIER, RAPIDLY DEPLOYED, MINIMUM DEFLECTION
To lead the Company’s Management of HSEQ. Ensuring the all applicable legislative, contractual and other requirements to which the business subscribes are met or exceed. To lead and develop a positive HSEQ culture making sure that the organisations performance is increasing to be a leader of industry. To ensure that Health and Wellbeing are as equal as safety. To devise initiatives and improvements that ebbed how the organisation manages health and wellbeing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Coaching and leadership of management and employees to get HSEQ buy in and ownership at all levels of the organisation.
2) Conducting job hazard analysis to fully understand the risks and to aid in the development of sufficient and suitable control measures.
3) Development of performance indicators and other measures such as; audit results to assist in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ
performance across the organisation.
4) Coordinate and support improvement initiatives and provide sound HSEQ advice, implement and continually refine the HSEQ strategy.
5) Assisting, advising and mentoring on the day to day implementation of the HSEQ management system, auditing against this and running training where required.
6) Working with managers to create pragmatic solutions and ensuring key priorities from audits are actioned.
7) Acting as a key point of contact with third party organisations, including enforcement agencies and clients.
8) Continually looking for opportunities to improve performance across HSEQ and create new and innovative ideas, with a particular emphasis on QA continual improvement and processes.
9) Conduct regular reviews of HSEQ policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with current legislation, communicating and changes to all levels within the Company and making sure all policies are implemented.
10) Lead and support the BMS Coordinator to develop, manage and maintain the HSEQ Management System to ensure continued BS ISO 45001, IISO 9001 & ISO 14001 certification
11) Make sure that existing risk assessments and COSHH assessments are reviewed in line with Company procedures and update and circulate as necessary. Create any new assessments that may be required.
12) Carry out regular workplace inspections with relevant managers at all depots and make sure any remedial actions required are carried out.
13) Conduct site HSEQ audit visits, report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
14) Prepare applicable documentation to support the HSEQ Managements and other business systems.
15) Develop and improve upon the HSEQ inductions for employees, visitors and contractors
16) Assess staff annual medical questionnaires in a confidential and sensitive manner, to determine whether any further actions are required.
17) Lead on the investigation of accident and near miss reports and the implementation of any remedial actions / policy changes. Record and monitor accident statistics and report to Directors as required.
18) Issue internal safety alerts as necessary and review any alerts received from customers, HSE etc, and circulate as appropriate.
19) Assist the Operations Director in the development and implementation of the organisation’s annual HSEQ Plan.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, COMEPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIOURS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
1) Formal H&S Qualification to Diploma level
2) Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) ideally, Grad IOSH as a minimum
3) Experience of implementing and managing ISO 900:2015, ISO14001 and ISO 45001
4) Environmental Qualification & membership to IEMA (Desirable)
5) Quality Qualification & membership to CQI (Essential)
6) A pragmatic and solutions focused outlook with the ability to spot efficiencies across the organisation
7) Tenacious and influential
8) Strong interpersonal skills
9) Excellent attention to detail
10) Ability to encourage best practice and compliance with legislation
If you are interested in the role or know anyone who may be, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Notice
Highway Care values a diverse workforce and the contribution each individual makes.
We are committed to promoting inclusivity, equality, and diversity in our policies, practices, and procedures. We believe in treating everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.