Highway Care are seeking a Senior Operations Manager to lead the operations department ensuring that all operational activities, contracts and projects are delivered safely, on time and to budget.
We need you to possess the rare combination of organisational, planning and people management skills. We want you to be bursting with ideas and yet be smart enough to be able to position them in the context of delivering for existing customers as well as building new customer relationships and still motivating our existing workforce.
We need a ‘motivator’, a ‘doer’, a ‘team player’. We’ll want you to take the initiative and be confident in your own abilities to drive health and safety, operational performance and quality throughout the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Be the operational lead in bidding for projects supporting the Commercial Team in determining resource requirements for project delivery.
2. Provide the link between the Commercial teams and Operational teams by attending pre-project meetings, understanding the needs of the client prior to start of work
3. Liaise with commercial teams to fully understand the full aspect of the project and ensure that all commercial targets are met.
4. Lead in developing value-add for clients to improve contract efficiencies.
5. Be the point of contact for contract & project requirements. Delegating to Operational Managers as required.
6. Attend contract performance and Health & Safety meetings.
7. Lead and support operational managers to ensure that project requirements are known and planned with enough resource available for successful delivery.
8. Obtain and initiate subcontract resource as required.
9. Support the operational manager(s) in sourcing subcontract resource, as required to meet project and contract deliverables.
10. Conducting site visits prior to, during and following completion of works (where required).
11. Proactively work jointly with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions.
12. Ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis.
13. Develop and support the development of innovative means of delivering project requirements and improving HSEQ performance.
14. Actively support business development opportunities.
15. To formulate and implement strategies that will enhance all aspects of the services.
16. Visibly lead the operational department by displaying and promoting exceptional levels of health and safety awareness and leadership.
17. Develop and manage operational budgets, approving spending for operational teams.
Essential Skills, Competencies, Qualifications and Behaviours Necessary to Perform this Role:
1. Operational /Contract management and negotiating experience
2. NEC3 contract – knowledge and experience
3. Highway’s Experience – TM / Safety Fencing or other
4. Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation (IOSH / NEBOSH / SMSTS etc.)
5. Demonstrate an eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards
6. Effectively manage own time to meet deadlines
7. Excellent organisational skills and a professional attitude and approach to work
8. Operational management training and or experience
9. Operational improvement training and or experience (lean, six sigma)
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience and enthusiasm for this role then please send your CV and a brief email to: HR@highwaycare.com.